Saturday 14 September 2013

No More Untied Shoelaces

I don't know about you, but bending over and tying up shoelaces is one thing I really don't like doing. With my 4yr old starting pre-K this year I thought I would do his teacher a favour and not make her tie them either.

All you need is:
- an old pair (or new pair) of shoes
-  a pair of scissors
- elastic

I had this elastic kicking around the house. I bought it at Walmart for like $2.00


Start by cutting a generous piece of elastic off. You can estimate how long it needs to be by feeding it through the shoe. Make sure you cut extra so you can tie the knot.

 
Tie the first knot on the inside of the bottom hole. This way it will be hidden. Weave it through and then tie another knot at the top on the inside.
 
You want to leave the elastic loose enough that it can stretch when the foot goes in but not too loose or it will look saggy.


Doesn't it look so much better than that ratty old shoe lace?

 
Your back will thank you!

1 comment:

  1. looks way better eliza!!! should have thought of that a long time ago, i might do it with mine, i hate having the "bunny ears" look.

    ReplyDelete